After passing immigration, customs and the luggage area, there are people at desks and walking around in a “common” area. They appear to be official, and, they may ask for documents. Also they may ask some questions... where are you going, your name etc. but they only want to sell a "timeshare". They will offer free Tours, breakfast, dinner or maybe transportation, all this is true but you have to give them your credit card number and spend about one hour in the airport, also one day briefing in the hotel they offer. Just say 'No Gracias" and exit the terminal to find the ADO Bus, shared vans or the company you hired, unless you are interested in a timeshare sales presentation instead of going directly to the hotel.
All offers of transportation INSIDE the airport are in exchange for a timeshare presentation (Except for the taxi voucher stand and ADO ticket booth).
- Never accept any "free" ride to your hotel. Instead, they will take you to a three-hour timeshare presentation where they will corner you and pressure you to sign up, and you will have a hard time getting them to take you to your actual hotel before the end of the presentation. If you don't have in mind to buy time share don't waste your valuable vacation time, avoid them!
- Never accept any "assistance" from anyone who volunteers to carry your baggage anywhere.
- Never accept to follow a "representative" of the company you have hired for transportation to your hotel to the car or van unless they can show you the official list that includes your name.
- Never accept to follow or get a ride with anyone who claims to work for the company you have hired to take you to your hotel unless they are wearing a uniform with that company's logo on it.
- Never answer the question "Which hotel are you going to?" with the actual name of your hotel. They will all claim that is where they are going.
- Never answer the question "What company are you looking for with the actual name of your ride company. They will claim that they work for them and have been expecting you.
- Others will try to offer you maps/directions when their real interest is getting in you to commit to seeing a timeshare place, transportation or some other venture tours. Just keep your things together, smile and tell them firmly "No, gracias" and get out the airport door and look for your Transportation Company.
OUTISIDE the terminal are official transfer companies, private companies and the ADO Bus.
The Grand Getaway Travel Agency | Call: 803-407-8520 | Email: